The successful applicant will be required to perform general and preventative maintenance on heavy civil excavation equipment in the shop and field:
Troubleshoot, diagnose & repair issues with tractor trailers, tandems, dozers, excavators, backhoes, compaction equipment, small power tools (cut-off saws etc)
Reports to the maintenance/fleet manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Diagnose, repair, maintain and/or service diesel engines, trucks and heavy equipment
· Create work orders to record parts and labour, accounting for all time and material used in performing duties.
· Manage the maintenance program and records for the equipment
· Other duties assigned by the Maintenance/Fleet Manager
EDUCATION & SKILLS
· Completion of Heavy Duty Mechanic Trade Certification Preferred
· Class 1 Drivers License with a Clean Drivers Abstract Preferred, Class 3 considered.
- Ability to load and float equipment is an asset. Ability to operate equipment is an asset.
· Proven experience as a heavy duty mechanic
· Ability to work both independently and to work well with others
· Results Driven
· Attention to detail and solid problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to enter maintenance records in spreadsheets is an asset.
- Welding ability an asset
This company has a Covid-19 vaccination policy.