- Can you read, analyze, and interpret engineering drawings, shop drawings, and construction specifications?
- Can you prepare estimates, job cost reports and contract documents?
- Can you easily juggle multiple competing priorities?
- Do you excel at coordinating people and information?
- Do you enjoy working in a small but busy environment?
If so, we may have an exciting career opportunity for you!
Gary Parker Excavating Limited is currently seeking a Project Coordinator with a minimum of 3 years experience to join our office team.
The Project Coordinator is an integral team member of our construction project teams and oversees projects from start to finish, updates construction progress records and ensures on time completion of projects. In addition, the Project Coordinator will assist with document preparation, submission, and scheduling of work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with bidding work under the direction of the Owner
- Assist with the preparation of estimates, job cost reports, progress claims, and contract documents
- Assist in project planning and budgeting
- Schedule existing and future work
- Assess project progress and safety status
- Facilitate communication between site foremen and managers, field and office staff
- Conduct site visits and periodic site safety inspections
- Track project costs and provide regular updates
- Review site safety documentation and update safety manual as required
- Schedule and attend project and client meetings as required
- Take calls and manage requests
This role is ideal for an individual with experience in construction and knowledge of project management principles.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in business administration, engineering or related discipline, or combination of construction experience and completion of CET or equivalent program.
- PMP designation an asset, but not a requirement
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; advanced Excel skills
- Ability to guide and coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask and meet tight timelines
Wage & Benefits:
Gary Parker Excavating Limited offers a competitive wage, vacation, health benefits, and group RSP. Wage will be commensurate with qualifications, education, and experience.
Submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience.